Saturday, February 9, 2008

About the Articles

When I was looking through the articles on the website, the one that stuck out to me the most was "Four Don'ts When Dealing With Recruiters."

These Don'ts were:

Don't be overly friendly

Don't expect Career Coaching

Don't ask for insider information

Don't request special treatment

I can relate to each of these. In past interviews I was probably guilty of a couple of them. After reading the details about why you shouldn't do each of these things, I will make sure that in future interviews I don't make the same mistakes agian.

The other article that grabbed my attention was "Phone Interviews, Tips to be Called Back."
Sometimes phone interviews can be the most difficult because you can not read body language and make adjustments based on the information the person is physically conveying to you.

Three tips given by this article were.

Speak Easy

Sounds of Silence

Practice Makes Perfect

The article basically said to relax, listen, and practice. There were a few things that will help me in future phone interviews such as simply breathe. Sometimes I believe that I will be so caught up in the conversation and embedding a great impression that I don't take the time to simply breathe. This will be something that I am sure to do from this point forward.

No comments: