Thursday, March 6, 2008

Mock Interview

When I first heard that we were having mock interviews, I thought that the experience would be a waste of time. Why should I have to dress up and make a special time to interview for a job that does not exist? My attitude towards the experience changed after it was over. I felt that the interview prepared me for the future interviews that I will have. It sharpened my skills in a variety of ways.

I had to make sure that I arrived at the interview on time. This took planning and I even set my phone alarm to make sure I did not forget. When the questions started I was forced to think of answers quickly. I do not expect that I will ever be an accountant but thinking quickly is an asset at any job. Also many of the questions were not directed towards the job but were personal instead. These types of questions are also general to many careers and now I know the answers to them. Prior to the interview I had not really thought about the personal questions. Overall the experience was more than I expected, and I truly believe that it will help prepare me for future interviews.

No comments: